WOMEN’S LACROSSE: KELLY AUSTIN TRANSFERS TO USC
–VIRGINIA’S KELLY AUSTIN, TOP WOMEN’S LACROSSE PLAYER, TRANSFERS TO USC
LOS ANGELES–Kelly Austin, who spent her 2010 freshman season playing on the Top 10-ranked Virginia women’s lacrosse team after an All-American high school career where she was named the nation’s top prep player, has transferred to USC and is enrolled for the current spring semester, new Trojan head coach Lindsey Munday announced today (Jan. 10).
At St. Stephen’s/St. Agnes High in Alexandria, Va., she earned UnderArmour All-American and Academic All-American honors as a 2009 senior, when she also was named the Washington Post All-Metro Player of the Year and made the Baltimore/Washington Tewaarton team. As a junior in 2008, she won the Heather Leigh Albert Award as the “most outstanding schoolgirl lacrosse player in the nation, in spirit as well as athletic ability.” A 2-time (2008-09) All-State player, she set season and career scoring records at her school.
Austin’s father, Jeff, is a former pro tennis player who is now a sports attorney, while her mother, Denise, is a world-renowned fitness instructor and author. Her aunt is former world No. 1 tennis player Tracy Austin, a 2-time U.S. Open singles champion who won a Wimbledon mixed doubles title with her brother, John.
Kelly Austin Biography
• UnderArmour All-American (‘09)
• Academic All-American (‘09)
• Washington Post All-Metro Player of the Year (‘09)
• Baltimore/Washington Tewaarton Team (‘09)
• Holds scoring records for single season and career (‘09)
• Heather Leigh Albert Award winner (‘08)
• All-state team (‘08, ‘09)
• Graduated Cum Laude
• Full name is Kelly Angela Austin
• Daughter of Jeff and Denise Austin
• Has one younger sister, Katie